Monday 26 August 2013

Hope to inspire by Lily Orevba


Once again, I had to make sure I was breathing. Nothing helped, not closing my eyes, not imagining everyone around was naked and I was the only one dressed, not taking deep breaths, NOTHING! My feet began to give up on me too, all of a sudden, there was nothing underneath my feet and I was sinking.. and my heart, nothing could measure how fast it was beating. I could swear no human's heart is allowed to beat that fast. Did I describe it well? I'm sure I did, we all experience it. Its called stage fright!!. Hmmm..the dreaded thing called stage fright. That demon that hunts half the population on earth. I should know, I dated him once, heck we still dating and he won't let me go, just like he won't let any of us go.
      
 So, I stood there not knowing what else to say. All eyes were on me, the room was silent, it was like someone's life depended on my singing. If I didn't sing, someone was going to drop dead and die..umm..okay, maybe I'm being a little dramatic here but I could swear people had stopped breathing too and they needed my heavenly voice to revive them(again, I might be exaggerating a bit). Anyway, I finally began 2 sing..or was that me singing? It sounded like the voice was coming from without rather than within. All of a sudden, I realized it WAS me singing and that's when I froze. Hell must have chilled over for that short period too because  the CD playing obviously cracked. and I couldn't go on..or I just didn't go on. I could have, but I chose not to. Was afraid of failing. No one died that day, they didn't need my singing to keep them alive but I did realize something, all fear does and will continue to do is keep us all away from where we are supposed to be. We are most afraid of the things we've never even TRIED.
        
 Where does fear come from? It comes from our unwillingness to fail. Even the Bible tells us that we will fail 'the righteous man falls seven times..BUT he rises up again'. I hope to inspire..both you and most of all, MYSELF. Pick up the mic of your life and take the center stage and dictate what happens...All eyes are on you now, go for it..I hope I do too...

Inspiring write up by my good friend Lily Orevba...

8 comments:

  1. Encouraging words at the End.. @Eke, how'z this blog gonna make us money (~_^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are most afraid of the things we've never even TRIED. #word

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite a lovely piece...u did inspire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is #MAGICAL# this is.....I wish Shakespeare can write how I feel about this

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish shakespeare cud wryt hw much I feel abt ur feelin abt dis. Thnx guys*blushin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like this writeup was writen about me because I have frozen once on stage this writeup can reach top people all over the world keep it up

    ReplyDelete